VIII. Circle of Trust
Invite Referees-This is one of the most critical pages on the portal
- You do great work. People know it. Now get them to tell others about it - invite at least 5 supporters (at least 1 donor and 1 partner) to rate your work and provide testimonials. The more recommendations you get, the better it is. These will enhance your credibility rating and help you attract more donors.
- In the section titled “Describe the engagement between you and the entity/person” list specific information, such how you met the organization/person, how long you have known each other and the type of work you have done together. This information will not be visible to the recommender. It will only be used for internal purposes within Samhita.
- Include as much information about the recommender as you can, but the only compulsory fields are an email address and contact phone number.
- After you have completed this page, an email and survey will be automatically sent to the recommender. The Samhita team has developed a quick but in-depth survey to be completed by the recommender. If you wish to view this template, just email or call us.
- You have to budget some time for the completion of this section – remember, your recommenders may not be able to respond immediately with their ratings and recommendations.
- Once the recommender has completed the survey, you will be able to view the results. You can choose to “Accept” or “Reject” the results. If you chose to accept them, the results will be visible to all users on the portal. However, if you want to reject a reference, you must provide us with a valid reason. You need to specify a reason which is sent to us. We allow organizations to reject references on a case-on-case basis. Remember that you must have 5 completed recommendations!
- You have the ability to track which references have been completed. If you notice a recommendation has not been submitted, you can send a reminder to the recommender.